Who We Are:
Spread across awe-inspiring terrain in Pitt Meadows, BC with a backdrop of the beautiful coastal range mountains, this is your opportunity to experience Turfcare maintenance at a 36-hole facility. As a member of the Swaneset Turfcare team, you become part of the West Coast Golf Group.
Under the direction of the Superintendent, the Assistant Superintendent will coordinate the daily operations of the maintenance staff. This includes meeting or exceeding standards for employee, guest, and member satisfaction, as well as sales and financial performance. As the Assistant you must lead by example, taking a proactive position on all issues concerning the golf maintenance staff. Additional duties may be assigned as required.
- Full-time, Year-round, Salary
- In the absence of the Superintendent, the Assistant Superintendent assumes the Acting Superintendent role
- Assists Superintendent in the planning of cultural practices, special events and VIP visits
- Organizes and directs the daily activities of the golf maintenance staff
- Responsible for supervision and follow-up of the crew assignments
- Daily communication with the Superintendent to discuss nightly water requirements
- Mentor and help develop staff in all areas. This includes equipment operation, irrigation maintenance and operation, spraying techniques and safety orientation and training
- Be involved in interviews and hiring
- Help create a positive environment. They will inspire, motivate and lead by example
- College or University program certificate specifically in Turfgrass management
- Minimum 5 years of golf course experience at a senior level
- Excellent leadership and troubleshooting skills
- Valid BC driver’s license
- Experience in supervising, directing, scheduling and training staff
- Pesticide applicator license or ability to obtain one
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to meet and exceed the physical demands of the position.
- Knowledge of the game of golf
- Knowledge of irrigation operation and troubleshooting
- Ability to apply fertilizers and chemicals
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive with industry standards, commensurate with experience
Apply Today by Sending Your Resume!
To apply to this position, please submit your resume to Glen Atamanik.