The Olympic View Golf Club Grounds Team is seeking an Equipment Technician to play a key role in maintaining our breathtaking golf course. We have a dynamic team that strives for excellence in fine-tuning and maintaining mowers, utility vehicles, and other equipment used in groundskeeping for our spectacular 18-hole course.
No golf course experience is necessary! We’re looking for a team player who loves the challenge of fixing and maintaining machines. Enjoy a unique, natural environment that is fun and rewarding while working alongside our superb Grounds Team!
GolfBC also employs the services of an industry leading fleet consultant who advises on new purchases, fleet maintenance programs, and supports our Equipment Technicians across the company.
- Flexible start date however, the position is vacant now and we would like it filled in the near future.
- This is a full-time (40 hour/week), year-round position.
- Typically, Monday through Friday 6:30am-3:00pm (flexible).
- Regular machine repair and maintenance on a variety of groundskeeping equipment, including mower setup and quality control.
- Execute the preventative maintenance program.
- Work efficiently, focusing on quality over quantity.
- Make recommendations for improvement.
- Perform general golf course maintenance tasks to ensure exceptional daily course conditions, if needed.
- Follow guidelines to ensure safety for you and your Team.
- Lead and mentor the Assistant Mechanic and other Grounds Team Members.
- Mechanical aptitude with at least 2 years of experience as a Mechanic.
- Moderate fitness level with the ability to complete general labour tasks.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to speak and write in English.
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think fast and react quickly with a calm mind.
- Detail orientation.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work within a Team.
The ideal candidate would have experience in:
- Maintenance and repair of gasoline, diesel, and 2-stroke engines.
- Hydraulic systems.
- Electrical troubleshooting.
- Maintenance and repair of battery-operated equipment including golf carts, utility vehicles, and fully electric large area mowers.
- Reel mower grinding and setup for precision mowing.
- Welding and fabrication.
- $60,000 - $90,000 annual salary, based on experience.
- Extended health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Flexible schedule.
- FREE GOLF!
- Uniform provided.
- Regularly scheduled team social events.
- Discounts on meals and golf shop merchandise.
- Career growth and training opportunities.
- Working for a company that strives to give its Team Members a world-class experience.
About Olympic View Golf Club:
Olympic View Golf Club, owned and operated by GolfBC, is a Bill Robinson design 18-hole golf course with a 12-acre practice facility featuring grass tee decks, comprehensive short game areas, and Golf Academy. The clubhouse has completed a substantial renovation and features the Table Nineteen Victoria restaurant. Our site is now entering the 2nd phase of a 9-phase development which will include a mixture of residential and commercial locations adjacent to the golf course. Located in beautiful Victoria BC, Olympic View delivers on the golfing and culinary experience with exceptional service, stunning scenery, spectacular waterfalls, and meticulous course conditioning.
The GolfBC Group, a Vancouver-based golf and resort management and investment company, is defining a higher standard of quality and consistency among premier golf destinations. Since 1989, GolfBC has been creating premium golf destinations, desirable career opportunities, and master planned golf communities in British Columbia. GolfBC is the owner and operator of championship golf courses:
- Nicklaus North (Whistler)
- Gallagher’s Canyon and the Pinnacle (Kelowna)
- The Quail and The Bear (The Okanagan Golf Club, Kelowna)
- Olympic View (Victoria)
- Mayfair Lakes (Richmond)
- The Gold, Emerald, and Blue courses at Wailea Golf Club (Maui, Hawaii)
Apply Today by Sending Your Resume!
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to T-Jay Creamer, Superintendent of Olympic View Golf Club.