The Mount Doug Golf Course is a family owned 9-hole executive golf course located in the Blenkinsop Valley in Victoria, B.C. Winner of the 2021 and 2022 best 9-hole golf course in Victoria, we are currently looking for a motivated individual for the position of Golf Course Mechanic. This is a part-time (7-8 hours per week) contract position and a great opportunity to join a dynamic work environment.
The Golf Course Mechanic will work closely with and assist the Superintendent.
- Inspect, diagnose and repair golf course equipment including electric power carts
- Prioritize equipment maintenance
- Sharpening and setup of reel and rotary equipment
- Maintain accurate equipment maintenance and repair logs
- Order required parts & maintain inventory
- Provides advice on equipment purchase decisions
- Ensuring health and safety standards are followed
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of golf course mechanic experience
- Can work independently without supervision
- Possess high level of attention to detail & time management
- Operate heavy machinery
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Ability to diagnose mechanical issues and determine appropriate maintenance work
- Golf privileges
- Hourly rate of $38 - $42 per hour
**The course is closed for approximately 3 months per year for course improvements and maintenance. Hours may vary during this period.
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. We are able to offer a flexible start date and work schedule for the right candidate.
Apply Today by Sending Your Resume!
To apply to this position, please submit your resume via email to Kyle Kemball at