Spallumcheen Golf and Country Club is a beautiful, semi-private golf club located 15 minutes north of Vernon next to Highway 97. The 27 holes and extensive practice facility provide great opportunities for golfers of all skill levels to find their level of fun and have a great time outdoors in the North Okanagan! We have a robust and growing membership, and are excited to take the property to the next level as we enter a new era for the club.
What It's All About:
You’ll get to join our growing maintenance team with a true leadership opportunity. We have a strong emphasis on work/life balance, prioritizing teamwork and communication. This is a great chance to grow or refine skills in all aspects of golf course and turfgrass management.
What You'll Get To Do:
- Play a leadership role:
- Recruit, train, coach, schedule, and supervise the maintenance team.
- Focus on team member development, safety, and daily job satisfaction.
- Be involved in all aspects of golf course and turfgrass management. This includes:
- Maintaining all areas of the property to highly detailed standards.
- Contribute to nutrient plans, pesticide applications, irrigation system management, and cultural practices.
- Assist in all budget management and preparation.
- Contribute to long term plans and be involved in course improvement projects.
- Have a lot of fun as part of a team that is excited about doing great work!
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a leadership role in a golf course maintenance department, preference given to those with more experience.
- Familiarity with all aspects of golf course maintenance.
- Post-secondary education in turfgrass maintenance (preferred, not required).
- High mechanical aptitude (preferred, not required).
- A good understanding of the game of golf, as well as the golf and turfgrass industries.
- A problem-solving attitude focused on teamwork.
- High quality communication skills, good organizational ability, and a reasonable level of physical ability.
What We Offer:
- $52,000-$62,000/year, based on qualifications, in a full-time, year-round position.
- Coverage of association fees.
- Discounts on meals and merchandise.
- Extensive golfing privileges.
- A great work/life balance.
- Flexible start date in early 2024.
Apply Today by Sending Your Resume!
Please apply to Josh Edgar, Golf Course Superintendent, by sending your resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com