Nicklaus North’s Grounds Team is looking for a Mechanic who wants to play an integral role in maintaining our breathtaking golf course. We have a dynamic group that values the teamwork it takes to achieve excellence in fine-tuning and maintaining mowers, utility vehicles, and other equipment used in groundskeeping for all 18 holes of golf.
No golf course experience necessary! We’re looking for a team player who loves, and has experience, fixing and maintaining machines. Working alongside our grounds Team Members in a unique, natural environment is fun and rewarding.
- With flexibility on start date, and schedule this position offers year-round employment.
- A standard work week is approximately 40-hours, worked over 5 days
- Start bright and early in the morning – then have the afternoon off to enjoy!
- Regular machine repair and maintenance on a variety of groundskeeping equipment, including mower setup and quality control
- Execute the preventative maintenance program
- Work efficiently, focusing on quality over quantity
- Make recommendations for improvement
- Perform general golf course maintenance tasks to ensure exceptional daily course conditions, if needed
- Follow guidelines to ensure safety for you and the team
- Mechanical aptitude with at least 2 years of experience as a mechanic
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Problem-solving skills
- Moderate fitness level with the ability to complete general labour tasks
- Valid drivers license.
- Ability to speak and write in English
- Must be competent working with computers.
- Annual Salary based on experience
- Housing may be available
- FREE GOLF!
- Uniform provided, along with additional uniform allowance
- Flexible schedule
- Extended health, dental, and vision benefits
- Regularly scheduled team social events
- Discounts on meals, including one free meal while on shift and discounts on golf shop merchandise
- Career growth and training opportunities
- Working for a company that strives to give its Team Members a world-class experience
Apply Today by Sending Your Resume!
To apply to this position, please send your resume to Aaron Mansbridge, Golf Course Superintendent
About Nicklaus North:
Snowcapped Whistler peaks. A brilliant emerald-colored lake. Majestic fir trees. Fresh, invigorating mountain air. This is the setting that inspired the great Jack Nicklaus to create a golf course as unique as himself. Owned and operated by the GolfBC Group, this par 71, 18-hole course winds along a gentle valley floor, offering a spectacular setting as a golfer’s skills are tested to the fullest. Nicklaus North has received many prestigious awards and consistently ranks as one of the Top Golf Courses in Canada by ScoreGolf. Just minutes from the vibrant walkways and world-class amenities of the resort town, Nicklaus North stands out as one of the great courses in North America.
About GolfBC Group:
The GolfBC Group, a Vancouver-based golf and resort management and investment company, is defining a higher standard of quality and consistency among premier golf destinations. Since 1989, GolfBC has been creating premium golf destinations, desirable career opportunities, and master planned golf communities in British Columbia.
GolfBC is the owner and operator of championship golf courses
- Nicklaus North (Whistler)
- Gallagher’s Canyon and the Pinnacle (Kelowna)
- The Quail and The Bear (The Okanagan Golf Club, Kelowna)
- Olympic View (Victoria)
- Mayfair Lakes (Richmond)
- The Gold, Emerald and Blue courses at Wailea Golf Club (Maui, Hawaii)